Might want to put the youtube video in 720, for some reason its not automatically converting
Here’s my predictions for the 2016 Royal Rumble. Youtube is being dumb and not automatically playing it in HD, make sure you change it on youtube. Thanks!
First things first, can mother nature make up her mind as to what season she want’s to bless us with?
1. People who wear headphones while driving are dumb. Personally, when I wear mine, I have them turned up loud. If I were to wear them while driving, how would I be able to hear an ambulance or police car?
2. Job interview today was awesome. I’m not having a big head, but i feel confident on how I did. We’ll see though if i get an offer. Interestingly, the lady who interviewed me, said that i should not accept a salary that I’m not comfortable with. I need to counter if its not what i think i deserve. On the outside I had on my poker face, on the inside i was like… wait what…for reals?
3. Even with my interview this morning, I had to stay up to see the Blackhawks win in the 3rd OT last night. . I finally got home about 2am. That’s what being a Hawks fan is all about.
4. If any of my nieces dressed like this girl who just came into Starbucks, I’d have to beat their asses. Seriously, I’ve seen more clothes at a nudist beach.
6. Whitney Houston is coming up on her 4 year sobriety chip.
Yes, it has been a long while since I’ve posted. As usual I’m sitting in Starbucks drinking my cool lime refresher. For some strange reason the Starbucks on Kimberly doesn’t make it as good as the one in Moline. Lets get started with Things on My Mind…
1. Jobs- I have an interview tomorrow 4/22 and on Thursday. I’m done with this bouncing from job to job shit. I’m going full career mode. I have so much respect for those that have stayed with one job for 10+ years. I read somewhere that generation millennials go through jobs like underwear. I’m a part of generation X by one year, but I’m on that millennial bandwagon. Since I know how anal some of you can be, I’m not saying ALL millennials job hop.
2. School- This term sucked. I gave up and I didn’t even have a reason to. I think with not working, stressed, and depressed, my heart wasn’t in it. I know this is straight up bullshit, since I wasn’t working you would think I could spend all my time on school. Now I have to bust ass to still be able to graduate on time in December.
3. Kids- For some reason kids have been brought up to me numerous times these past few days. “when are you guys going to have kids?” “Don’t you want kids?” “You guys should have three kids by now.” I mean damn, you wouldn’t ask a blind person why they don’t own a mirror would you? Do I wish I had kids? Of course I do. My wife and I would be great parents. I told my wife from the day we started dating, if I don’t have kids by the time I’m 35, I’m done. I don’t want to be the old dad to a young kid. My father and I are 20 years apart. I have enough nieces and nephews to spoil like they were my own kids.
4. I’ve been a WWF/WWE fan since I was a kid. I can remember the excited I felt when my dad took me to my first event at Palmer Auditorium in Davenport, IA. It was the first time I saw Macho Man Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth. I went to my first PPV, Payback, in chicago and took my dad. It was exciting to have this moment with him. Well, this sunday I’m taking my 9 year old nephew to his first PPV, Extreme Rules. I can’t wait to see the look on his face Saturday (his birthday) when he finds out he is going.
It’s been awhile since I’ve last written I know, but it’s been a crazy time in my life. I’m still looking for another job, that hasn’t changed. I have had interviews, but i’m looking for a career move, not just another job. The problem i’m having right now is that i’m either too over qualified, or just not qualified enough. It really pisses me off that here I am with a bachelor degree, working on my masters and can’t get assistance. Yet, you have third generation welfare families with no high school diploma and they have a fridge full of food, cable, cellphone, $36 for rent and haven’t worked in years. Sonny was right,the workin man is a Sucka! – Bronx Tale
I almost have my costume ready for Chicago’s WizardCon. I’m going as Barf from spaceballs and my niece is going as batman. I’m crazy excited to take her cause she is such an awesome kid and I think she will have a blast. I’m taking my nephew to his first wwe ppv next month which i know will make him shit his pants. Not being able to have kids myself, i enjoy doing those types of things with my nieces and nephews. Now if i can only get my nephew addicted to hockey lol
This weekend, i decided to go visit my biological mom in Missouri. I have not lived with her since I was about 6, so unfortunately when i visit, we tend to argue about something. She has her way of thinking and i have my dads. It doesn’t mix. So yeah, we got into an argument because my mom has beef with her niece,my cousin. My cousin asked me to go to lunch with her and my other cousins, however because of this dumb ass beef, my mom was having none of it. However, i’m 35 and i’m going to do what i want, so i went and had an awesome time catching up with my cousins. My mom said some things to me that I wont put on here but didn’t make me feel very good, especially coming from a mom. I love my mom no matter what, after all she is my mom. It’s just hard when you have not lived with someone or been at least in the same state as someone for over 25 years. Personalities and attitudes clash. I do have a step mom,but i introduce her as mom to people i meet. She has been my mom since i was like 6. I’ve just never got around to calling her mom, don’t know why. I should since she is the one who has raised me..it’s difficult to explain I guess.
I did however have a kick ass time with my sister and her husband. My sister and i also have never lived together really except for maybe till she was 4. We usually fight ever damn time we see each other. She is strong minded as am I and we don’t hold back. But for some reason, this time we bonded unlike before. If there is one thing i wish I could go back and change in my life, it is that i would have been a better brother to both of my sisters. I try to make up for it now that we are older, but there are many years that could and should have been better.
It’s actually funny how when your body is sick, you start to think about the life you have lived and things you would have changed, like it’s going to heal you now. Actually that is not very good to do, it can bring depression and anxiety and make you feel worse.
I love Paige from WWE, just getting that out there.
So the other day, my dad and I went to the season home opener for the Chicago Blackhawks. As I posted prior, I was going to wear my Hawks mask and pancho to the game. Well the mission was a success. I was at the red carpet ceremony with people asking to take pics with me. I wore it during the pregame and ended up on TV. Throughout the night, people kept coming up to be for pics. At the end of the game though some dumbass drunk chick came up to me and growled. I was like…wtf are you doing? lol
Of course Im at Starbucks, which is where I usually come to write these post. It’s actually dead for a Monday night. Granted it’s only 5:20 so I assume people will start to come in from work. I don’t only come here for Things on My Mind, but also to do school papers. I get too distracted at home and figured, I can’t look up goofy shit at Starbucks.
You know how there are some things that you just think can’t be played using the race card? Well our good friend Jesse Jackson has found a way to flip that race card over. Jesse is that friend who sees you yawning and saying how tired you are, but still doesn’t get that it’s time to go. He is a disease worse than ebola. This dumb shit is trying to play the race card due to the role of the hospital in the death of the US first infected Ebola person, Thomas Eric Duncan. I can’t understand how people today can follow this man’s lead? He and Al Sharpton need to buy a one way ticket on Malaysia Airline.
How do we stop this dangerous disease? How about stay the fuck out of Africa! It’s like freelance journalist who travel to the Middle East and then their families get made at the US when their heads get cut off. Stay the fuck out of the Middle East.
The dumbshit award doesn’t just go to Jesse Jackson, I’ve got a shiny award ready for President Obama. Yes, I voted for him twice so I could probably be in the running for that award too, at least i admit it. Why..or better yet how does he expect 3900 of our troops to be able to go to Liberia and help fight Ebola? This makes no goddamn sense. You know who can’t chop my head off…Ebola. Go after ISIS you fucking tool.
I took my nephew to see his first WWE show a few weeks back. It wasn’t raw or smackdown but a house show which sucks but he didn’t care, he just got to see his favorite wrestler john cena. It was cool taking him to it because it kind of made me see what it were to feel like if I was able to have a kid. I remember my dad taking me to my first wrestling event and how excited I was to see Hulk Hogan. It’s funny to me because that was damn near 30 years ago. Growing up a wrestling fan and seeing Hogan, warrior, Jake the snake, British Bulldog, etc, it was so cool seeing my “heros” in person. Now here I am, buying my nephew an autographed Cena picture and a Hustle Loyalty and Respect foam hand. Seeing his face when his hero John Cena came out, was priceless. I can only think that it was the same feeling my dad had when he saw me look at Hogan for the first time in person. As a wrestling fan today, I hate John Cena the character, but respect Cena the person for all he does for kids. It sucks now that I’m older seeing my “heros” pass away at such a young age. Look at Warrior, only 54 when he died. Of course the wrestlers I grew up were part of the steroids and drugs period. When Eddie Guerrero passed, it was due to a heart attack, but wrestling fans knew that his heart was weak from drugs. Back to my nephew, I’m glad he enjoyed it as much as i did seeing his excitement.
PS…Cena you owe me $30.