First things first, can mother nature make up her mind as to what season she want’s to bless us with?
1. People who wear headphones while driving are dumb. Personally, when I wear mine, I have them turned up loud. If I were to wear them while driving, how would I be able to hear an ambulance or police car?
2. Job interview today was awesome. I’m not having a big head, but i feel confident on how I did. We’ll see though if i get an offer. Interestingly, the lady who interviewed me, said that i should not accept a salary that I’m not comfortable with. I need to counter if its not what i think i deserve. On the outside I had on my poker face, on the inside i was like… wait what…for reals?
3. Even with my interview this morning, I had to stay up to see the Blackhawks win in the 3rd OT last night. . I finally got home about 2am. That’s what being a Hawks fan is all about.
4. If any of my nieces dressed like this girl who just came into Starbucks, I’d have to beat their asses. Seriously, I’ve seen more clothes at a nudist beach.
5. I just found out a half hour ago that the Undertaker is supposed to be at Wizard Con Chicago in August when i go. This grown man is going to have tear when I meet him. Talk about a childhood idol.
6. Whitney Houston is coming up on her 4 year sobriety chip.
Well, I had a job interview yesterday. It was by far the hardest interview I have had. I compared it to being in basic training and having the TI’s gang up on your during lunch, or as it is known in the Air Force, the Snake Pit. The question’s weren’t very hard that they asked, but when a few of the interviewers have put in 25+ years at this job, it’s kind of intimidating. So, now i wait to see if it’s a go or not. In the meantime, I’ll keep pushing out those applications.
I’ve stated before that I hate living in the Midwest. I’ve lived here my entire life, with the exception of my time in the Air Force. For some reason though, I don’t consider it home. For me, the southwest is home. People have asked me why I don’t just move there. If it was only that easy. My wifey has another year of school left for her bachelor’s, and I less than a year for my master’s. Maybe, and that’s a BIG maybe, we’ll move on down there and give it a try for a year or two. Of course, my main issue is family. I know as soon as we were to get down there, someone here would get sick and we’d have to travel back. My mother keeps wanting me to move to Missouri to be closer to her and my sister. I’m like ma, that’s still the Midwest.
I did photography for a few years and miss it. When i got hired on at CADS I sold all my equipment because being a supervisor and salary, I didn’t want to book a wedding or party then get called into work. My favorite part of photography was the editing and restoration of old pics. Here are a some of my pictures.
Yeah so, I sure do miss it. I’d love to start up again, but two things are stopping me. 1) Photography is a very expensive job/hobby. 2) My wife says no. lol I understand where she is coming from though. Camera’s, lighting, remotes, backdrops, website, props, extra lens’s and whatnot are not cheap.
Alright folks, back to these job apps. And do me a favor, don’t steal my pics.