I hate this place. This place being the Quad Cities. I had another interview, which i think went well, but we’ll see. It sucks still not having a job. I think about why I didn’t just bite my tongue with CADS but then I thought, be happy with no check or be unhappy with a check. To be honest, I’d go back to the unhappy with a check. As I’ve stated before, we are going to Puerto Vallarta next month. My wife is excited, as she should be. Me however, not so much. Sure I’m excited about leaving this hell hole, but I’ll be thinking of all the damn bills that need to get paid. I had my appointed with the VA yesterday. It went exactly as I thought it would. Blah blah blah. I am set up to have a scope in my stomach and a colonoscopy. BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE!! I also have to do a CT for my back. I also have to check with the eye doctor due to some eye blurriness. Thanks diabetes. 35 years old and gimped out. I suppose my frustrations are self inflicted. I put myself in this place, nobody else. I guess that’s why it sucks now because I can’t try to fix these frustrations because i’m married. I can’t think about me, I have to think about us. I’ve told my dad that if I wasn’t married, one of two things would happen. One, I’d move back to Texas. Two, I’d take the Kurt Cobain route and end this fkn pain that my body is going through. Don’t take that the wrong way, i’m not going to off myself because of depression. I suppose the best way to explain it, is to compare it with those who want assisted suicide. They don’t want to end their life because they are going through financial hardship or divorce or whatnot. Rather, it is because they cannot enjoy life on their own terms. I have back problems, I have stomach problems, I have aniexty. The VA wants to pump me with pills, but i’m not trying to be a zombie for the rest of my life. I think about my wife and I feel sorry for her. It’s hard to make others happy, when you are not happy yourself. I am in love with my wife and I would do anything for her, it’s just hard when you are in pain. On a lighter note, I’m in starbucks and just realized, I’ve never seen a starbucks commercial.
Well it’s been a few days since I last posted. Nothing has changed really. Had a few interviews, they went well but not getting my hopes up. As i’ve stated before, we are leaving for vacation next month to Puerto Vallarta. Hell, I should just try to get a job there at the resort we are staying at. Right now I’m just sitting here at Starbucks, my home away from home, looking at jobs online. Actually im looking around me at all these people and wondering what they do in life. I think it’s funny when celebs use twitter, post something, then delete because they don’t want to get scrutinized over what they wrote. Instead of sticking up for what they believe, they were “hacked”. Amare Stoudemire, Dwight Howard and Rihanna are the lasted to tweet “Free Palestine” and then delete it. I don’t see the problem with expressing your opinion, but unfortunately in todays society, people get butthurt if you don’t agree with them. Nobody likes war, such as the one going on with Israel and Palestine. I understand the connection with Palestine and Hamas, but go after Hamas itself and not innocent kids. We (the US) supports Israel’s efforts against Palestine. I think this is just setting up more problems for us in the future. We are creating Palestine terrorist. You think those kids seeing their family get killed are going to forget who helped make it happen? Look at the money we are sending them, Israel’s up-to-date defense budget for 2012 is $15 billion, with 70 percent contributed by Israeli taxpayers, 21 percent coming from U.S. aid and 9 percent coming from Defense Ministry income. (businessinsider, 2012). How do we have 3.1billion to send to Israel but we can’t put that towards deterring the violence we have in Chicago? Change of subject, yesterday a Malaysia Airlines jetliner was shot down over the Ukraine. Russia is now blaming Ukraine and vise versa. I guess now we just sit back and watch these to go at it. I’m not making a joke of the situation, but if you owned stock in Malaysia Airlines…damn. A plane goes missing and now a plane shot down. Let’s see how other countries take to this with Russia hosting the World Cup in 2018.
The last post i did I spoke about my health and how it sucks. Well, today was a perfect example. My hands were cold while my head was blazing hot. My sugar when I woke up was 146, 10 minutes after lunch it went to 263. I sugar usually goes up, but not that damn quick. My legs and arms are aching so damn much. I took a shower, part hot, part cold. My body didn’t know what it wanted. I first woke up about 10am, at that lunch and just woke up again about 630pm. So my Saturday is shot to hell. My stomach hurts and my back is burning. I go see the VA on the 25th to see if we can figure this out. I just don’t want to feel like this on our trip to Puerto Vallarta. I’m slamming water and eating these dry ass crackers, which probably isn’t going to help with all the salt on them. As bad as I feel i have to remember that there are others who are worse off than me.
Why is it that we can go all day with not getting a phone call but as soon as you go to the restroom the damn thing wants to ring? With that being said, I got a call from Family Resource about the job. The message they left just said to call them back which I did but they must have went home. So…now I sit here wondering
if its a go or not. I have another interview next Wed., so I have that going for me I guess. I think it’s time for another Episode of Things On My Mind.
5. WTF is up with people leaving their kids in the car? If your dumb ass can remember your purse or cellphone, then there shouldn’t be a reason to forget your child in the back seat. I don’t even have kids and I still look in the back seat.
4. Wrigley Field. As a lifelong Cubs fan I am tired of hearing about the rooftop owners fighting with the Cubs front office. I love Wrigley but it’s an eyesore. Pick up the team and move them to Rosemont. That could be one of the reasons the Cubs haven’t won the World Series…Wrigley Field is cursed.
3. Kickstarter. WTF? Kickstarter is supposed to be for those who need funding for creative ideas, not potato salad. Zack Brown posted on there that his idea was to make potato salad. As of this posting he has racked in a little over $45,000 with 22 days left. $45,000 at $10 per pledge. Do people pledge to this dumb shit just to be able to say they were a part of it? Would they look twice at the guy/girl on the street corner asking for change?
2. Chicago. Mayor Rahm imadick Emmanuel has asked the military for help in patrolling the streets of Chicago. Why? Well when you have 82 people shot in an 84 hour period during 4th of July holiday, then you have yourself a problem. No wonder people are naming it Chiraq. For the state with the nation’s harshest gun laws, this is a fkn joke. Some will say we need to have even more stricter gun laws, because you know, criminals follow laws. If I wanted to go to Chicago tonight and buy a gun, I’d probably be shown an a la carte…all without having to pass a background check. The only thing I would need is money. We need to release those with bullshit weed and minimal drug charges and start putting those who are distributing these weapons into prison. The thing that scares me is that you don’t have to leave your home to get a gun, now you can just print one with a 3d printer. Can you imagine…shooting someone and then melting the weapon. Crazy.
1. Health. I have told my dad that if I wasn’t with my wifey, I’d probably take the Kurt Cobain route. I had awesome health before I left for Kuwait. That was 13 years ago. Since then, I’ve had so many damn problems with my back, stomach and headaches that I don’t blame people for calling me a hypochondriac. I know the pain is real and that is all that matters. The VA has told me that the symptoms that I have can be generalized as Gulf War Syndrome. Basically, being overseas and inhaling that wonderful air around the burning oil fields was not a good idea. So now I have an appointment with the VA to see if I am going to be added to the GWS registry. We’ll see. With that being said, make sure you thank a Veteran, you never know the kind of shit they had to go through in the service.
Goooooood morning Vietnaaaam. Do you guys remember Doogie Howser MD? Whenever I write something on here, I think about the ending to that show. Every episode Doogie would type what was on his mind. It was actually a good show for the times, I mean who wouldn’t believe a 16 could be a doctor. Today was an easy day. I was supposed to go golfing with my dad and bro in law but mother nature said no. I’m not sure if you can see the golf ball i uploaded but i painted it to look like Wilson from Castaway. My dad saw it and kinda gave me that wtf is that look. Went to Olive Garden for my sis in law’s birthday. Came home and just watch Rhonda Rousey knock out her opponent in 15 or so secons. That lady is a beast and a fine one at that. So i’m doing my masters in public health and I want to quite. Not because I can’t do it, but I want to go for substance abuse counseling. I mean I could drop from my master’s program but those classes will not transfer and that would be a waste of money. Speaking of a waste of money, President Obama asked Congress a week or so ago for $500 million to train and arm members of opposition forces in Syria. $500 million that could go towards paying off student loans. In another post I spoke about the cost of college books and how ridiculous it is. I never understood why college’s charge so damn much and why the government lets them. You would think that a nation would want educated citizens. Then again, it seems the government would rather have us as sheep. An educated mind is a dangerous weapon.
Team USA lost yesterday to Belgium 2-1. It was a great game even though the US had an opportunity to win it with like 10 sec left in regulations and then in extra time they had like 3 chances to just tap it in. It’s awesome seeing all the soccer fans out there, some new and some old. I find it funny though that on social media you have people down talking soccer or saying how its not a real sport. Yet, they took the time to post on an article that deals with soccer. Come on, you are making yourself look stupid. Perfect example of this is Ann Coulter… “I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer. One can only hope that, in addition to learning English, these new Americans will drop their soccer fetish with time.” What a dumb bitch. She is a troll and unfortunately she has fans. Switching gears, she is not the only one that is a troll. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are right up there on that list. These two are the biggest race baters we have right now. I’ll use Trayvon Martin as an example. Jesse wanted Zimmerman’s head on a platter. Jesse saw the opportunity to continue his racist rants and ran with it. But what about black on black crime? Where is his hypocritical ass on that? 49% of murder victims are black men. 93% of those are killed by other blacks. (Shapiro, Breitbart News) I don’t get how he can scream bloody murder when a white kills a black but goes back into hiding when a black kills one of their own. As you probably can tell I don’t use African American or Caucasian, sorry I grew up in the 80s and 90s before everyone was butthurt. Speaking of being butthurt…the United States is becoming a bitch. For those over 25 do you remember the saying “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”? What the hell happened to that? Why does every child in sports need to get an award? Why do we baby this kids so damn much now that if someone makes fun of them, they end up shooting up their school or killing themselves? What happened to discipline? Who did we, as generation Y who got disciplined from the neighbor if we were bad, end up raising children with no discipline and an “all about me” attitude? Okay, I think I’m done.
One thing that I miss doing is taking pictures. I loved it, except it was a very expensive job/hobby. Some people said that I had a good eye for pics, I think they were just being nice. Besides photography I loved working with photoshop/lightroom and editing. Wish I still had my camera. Here are a few that I took.